It’s hard to believe the 6th annual Product Camp Melbourne was 2 weeks ago!
After months of organisation, the day happens in a flash & then a flurry of getting wrap-up posts together (THIS never happens as quickly as we hope!).
Thanks all who attended! And thanks for your great feedback! Many of you said you thought this one was the best yet so THANK YOU for making it a great day!
Caffeined up and ready to talk product stuffs #pcampmelb
— Tim Newbold (@timnwbld) August 21, 2015
— Elizabeth Ebeli (@ElizabethEbeli) August 21, 2015
Huge turn out at #pcampmelb It’s gonna be an awesome day 🙂
— Laura Cardinal (@LauraCardinalAu) August 21, 2015
— Jock Busuttil (@jockbu) August 21, 2015
Product Camp is an un-conference so all talks are participant lead & driven with the exception of the keynotes. Before the day, we ask those interested in leading a topic to add their idea to the Camp Uservoice. You can still add topics right up to the last second before voting begins though. This year we had a range – some great prepared presentations as well as round table discussions on a specific topic.
Everyone who puts up a topic idea, gives a explanation & then the voting begins.
— Product Camp Melb (@pcampmelb) August 22, 2015
— Rebecca Jackson (@_rebeccajackson) August 22, 2015
Something we’ve been doing the last few years is a speed networking session. This gives you the chance to meet several people really quickly – and allows Liz to have a reason to stand on a table and have a whistle 🙂
Product Camp Talks
Whether you missed the day or want to revisit some of the talks, we’ve pulled together the following notes:
- Keynote: Megan Fisher – Transformation
- Keynote: Amanda Ralph – Product Finance
- Morning sessions on roadmaps, explaining your product & managing people
- Morning sessions on Product Mgr or Product Owner, Service design thinking & #prodmgmt newbies
- Afternoon sessions on JBTD, Customer feedback & (bad) Business cases
- Afternoon session with Georgina Laidlaw – Narrative UX
- Storify – catch up on all the tweets from the day (Thanks Rebecca!)
- Rebecca Jackson’s post about the day
- Photos from camp on Flickr
- Davidson ITCom
- Design100 App awards
- Jock Busuttil provided copies of The Practitioner’s Guide To Product Management
- Sportsbet crew – who were amazing before the event and all during the day looking after us all – Sarah and Adam, Geoff + crew
- Adrienne from Brainmates – who locks in the sponsors and just in general provides wonderful energy and support in the preparation process
- Jen – she might be in China, but gets the tweets out there, helps with the planning, writes all the copy and flys in especially to attend the day!
- Rebecca Jackson – for wonderful sketches and social account support
- Elizabeth Chow & Darren Duarte for helping with set-up on the day. Thanks for your cheery morning assistance
- Nadia is a star for all her fabulous help with the pre-event set-up and for greeting everyone as they arrived on Saturday
- Steve for the pre-event set-up, including ensuring keynote presentations were ready to go + excellent MC skills & technical checks :-)/li>
- Keynoters – Megan + Amanda – superstars. thank you
- Presenters – to all of you that volunteered a topic and those who presented on the day and made it a delightful day for your community. THANK YOU!
If you’ve posted about Product Camp Melbourne, let us know & we’ll link to you.
A huge thanks to our sponsors! Without them, the day would never happen (or we’d get very hungry and probably be in a park somewhere trying to organise with bullhorns).
Thanks so much for your contributions, which put big smiles on the faces of those who were lucky enough to be drawn from the jar:-)
— Rebecca Jackson (@_rebeccajackson) August 21, 2015
All of us involved in organising camp are volunteering. We’d like to send a HUGE thanks to the folks who helped out during the day & the rest of the year! (ed. note from Liz: if your name isn’t here, it isn’t because I didn’t appreciate your efforts, I just have early onset dementia!! I still heart you.)
— Brainmates (@brainmates) August 22, 2015
After Camp Drinks
Thanks Sportsbet for not only hosting camp but also sponsoring the drinks afterward!
Want more product management community?
Attend a Product Anonymous session! Join us once a month for product management goodness and a beverage. Up next is a discussion on scaling your product team (or hiring the 1st product manager). RSVP for September’s session. Attend Leading the Product, a day long product management conference on October 15th. Your intrepid organisers & volunteers…
— Laura Cardinal (@LauraCardinalAu) August 22, 2015